Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How does it take to charge the fob? How can I start my car…

How long does it...

How long does it take to charge the fob?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

How can I start my car while the key is charging

Answered in 1 hour by:
10/21/2017
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi what year and model do you have ??

2012 Nissan altima

what do you mean charge the key battery you do not charge the battery you replace them

w​hat is the problem wit the car

its a key inside. there is no battery
it says something about the car key not working. ive let it charge but it wont start the engine.

how did you charge the battery

theres a slot for it
I got it to turn on without the engine running and now it wont even start

do the horn or head light work >??

the horn

no head light ??

I think so
I opened the key holder, no battery

let me see if I get what your problem is . you got in the car turn the key on and leave it like that for sometime and now the car do not start ???

right
says the car key isn't working
but its been charging for 3 hours

ok this sounds like the car battery is dead , if the head light do not work the car battery is dead , you should jump start the car or replace the cars battery , do not pay any attention to the key

do you have any more questions ?

if the head lights do work, then what is it?

if you leave the key on and the engine is not running the battery will die after some time . if that is not the case insert the remote into the key slot under the steering wheel then try to start the car if that do not work replace the battery inside the key there is a batter there if there is none you need to get one it is a cr2032

theres no place for the battery tho. its just a key.. like an actual key

and this car have a push button to start ??

there isn't really a slot for my key itself. just the remote key, where it charges

do you have the remote that opne the door

its all in one

yes the battery is in the remote

you remove the metal key open the remote and the battery is in there

the remote is the key

there was no battery
did you put the remote tin the key slot and try to star the car
it told me to press the break down and hold the button but it didn't start

did the dash light up

a little bit
then my entire system reprogrammed

ok then the cars battery is dead you need to jump start the car or replace the battery

there is not enough power the star the car replace the battery or jump start please

gotcha! thank you so much

your welcome please rate the service before you go as this Is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

please remember to rate as this Is only way for me to get credit thanks.

hi can you please come back to the site and rate the service as I did not get credit and will not till you do thanks.

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech