Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am gopi i have a 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid, Problem is i…

Second opinion] hi...

Second opinion] hi , i am gopi i have a 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid, Problem is i get a High pitch noise when i start my car and breaks does not work at all. I showed my car to a local nissan dealer and they said they have to change the whole break system which costs me over 4 Grand.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They are fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO, I have taken to local Nissan Dealer and they said they have to replace the whole braking system.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have recently replaced the break pads too.

10/19/2017
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you say there is no brakes, is the pedal real hard to push?

some times it is hard and some times it is loose

ok, this is going to be a leak in the brake booster, the diaphrams can rupture in them and cause the noise, and also make it difficult to brake, the whole system does not need to be replaced, just the vacuum brake booster,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Thank you so much Tim

Anytime my friend,Tim