Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

How reset the security system in my 84 300zx. I got it to…

Customer Question
How reset the security...

How reset the security system in my 84 300zx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300ZX yourself? What have you tried so far?

I got it to start by hotwiring the battery to the coil but it only ran for about 10 seconds. if I hit the starter just as it is dieing it starts running good again for another 10 seconds. I was told its the security system cause it wont state at all unless its hotwired

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/19/2017
Nissan Mechanic: eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, you need to do the following to disarm it

Open driver door and leave open. Place key in the ignition and turn to on/run position and leave there. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 1 minute and then reconnect. Alarm will sound for 1 minute and then quit. Turn key to off position for 5 seconds and then crank engine

eric
eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager