Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 Nissan Armada and I am not getting an air on…

I have a 2003 Nissan...
I have a 2003 Nissan Armada and I am not getting an air on the front but rear works fine. I changed blower and resistor and still nothing in the front. What can I do?
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2017
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Just so I am clear, no air means the front blower isn't blowing? Not that the air conditioning isn't working?

Correct I have no air. It makes noise like it is turning on but that's it
No blowing in the front just the rear works

I see,

Give me just one moment to check something.

Thanks

I just wanted to double check. This does have a cabin air filter. If it's plugged up you won't get any air from the blower. I would try removing it and then see if you get some air flow.

Please check it and let me know.

Where is the cabin air filter

Give me a moment, I will generate a link for you so you can access it.

Thanks.

HERE is a link for removal. There are 2 of them, just to the left of the resistor.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

I didn't get the link but when I open the filter cover nothing is in there

That's odd, the link works for me.

But ok, Do you have a test light so we can test the electrical? Also, do you hear any of the mode doors moving if you try to change from say floor to defrost?

mode doors move. I opened link and mine does not look like that. My cabin filters are directly above the blower motor and resistor and are horizontal

I see it, it's in the 04 manual that way. So, I am into the right manual at the moment. If the mode doors work then you should be getting air when the blower is on.

Do you have auto climate control or manual and also, what about the test light or meter so we can check this out?

Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
I found blown fuse now it works

Well, I am glad that you found a blown fuse, I am a little surprised because I thought the fan was running.

Thank you for the rating!