Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My key fob will unlock my car if I press the buttons on it…

Customer Question
My key fob will...

My key fob will unlock my car if I press the buttons on it but I can't start my car (push to start)

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

How do I do that?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2015 Sentra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not fixing it or anything, I just tried to turn on my car to go home and it isn't working. I haven't tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Does the car make any sound when you push the button?
Is there a car icon with a red key in it coming up on the dash?