Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My check engine light came on and so did traction control

Customer Question
light and car shut itself...
my check engine light came on and so did traction control light and car shut itself off. wondering what the problem could be
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: check engine light will come on and stay on, traction control comes on at different times
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2011 sv
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: autozone said it was mass air flow sensor/ cvt problems
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: would like to fix problem myself
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
10/17/2017
Nissan Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 month ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

can you tell me the code #s?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
P0101 mass air flow sensor. Would this cause the car to idle roughly and shut down? When the traction control light comes on, the car will not Rev above 2500rpm. If you get above 2500 rpm, the car will shut itself down.
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 30 days ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Do you still need help with this?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
2011 maxima sv, code is P0101
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 28 days ago

Yes, this does sound like a maf sensor issue. There is a fuel cut at 2700 rpms, when the computer can't make the right fuel mixture to match the reported air flow it will shut off the fuel injectors at about 2700 rpms. This is why you can't get on it. If you remove it, you may be able to see where it burned out. You are likely going to have to put a new one in, and I caution you to use a factory part from the dealer or you may find you have the exact same issue.

Sorry I didn't see this yesterday, but I don't work Sundays.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician