Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Havea couple of error codes and wondering if clearing p1031…

Hi havea couple of...

Hi havea couple of error codes and wondering if clearing p1031 would it clear another code

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

158000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

04 Nissan maxima se

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Codes 0301, 1148 1800, 1031

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There were other codes but replaced 2 other parts and that cleared up a bunch of the other codes

10/13/2017
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** I will help you today

yo​u cannot just clear one code from the system . if you clear code it will clear them all . if you have a hard code this it will not clear till the problem is fix .

code p1148 and 1031 is for the same problem on open circuit in the a/f sensor bank one this is a sensor heater code so just check the wires if ok replace the sensor. p0301 is a misfire from cylinder one most likely cause by a bad ignition coil also check the b- battery cable where it bolt to the trans they brake and cause the coil to burn out . the 1800 code is for the vias solenoid it set on the top of the intake next to the vacuum tank they go bad all the time just replace that . if you have any more question please ask , if not please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

I may have misspoke when u said I cleared codes...repair /replaced part for 345 and 340 so some of the other codes went away.Your response and timing was very good. Now to see how your advice pans out.

ok

d​id I not understand your questions ?

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech