Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

No overdrive. 2006 nissan pathfinder. Transmission

No overdrive JA: What is the...
No overdrive
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2006 nissan pathfinder. Transmission overhauled but no overdrive. Trans guy says its the truck.
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: He clames servo band is installed correctly
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Today
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Transmission guy quit
10/13/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you know if you are getting any codes?

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Input speed sensor.
Last I checked. I wiped codes today after replacing tcm (again). Transmission guy rebuilt it twice. Says everything is new. He beleaves it is external. Anything external to the trans controls overdrive shift? And where should I look. Fuses are good + I tested the pass threw on those fuses. Turned on the key and tested the sockets too. 10.5 v. Both A/T ecu and the one next to it" abs ecu." Just to make sure values are the same or close. Shifts great no overdrive. After wiping codes. Vds and slip lights are on. Not going off. Still no o/d. What else external can I look at?
Phone call session started

Can I speak to in a couple hours when I am out of work?

thank you

Your welcome

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician