Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I just purchased a 2007 Nissan Altima that has a AC/Stereo

Customer Question
Problem. The Stereo will not...
i just purchased a 2007 Nissan Altima that has a AC/Stereo Problem. The Stereo will not come on and the ac will blow air but its not getting power to the compressor to kick on. We were told they thought the ECU but wanted to get a 2nd opinion.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/13/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This is 2 different concerns. The AC concern could simply be that the system is low on freon. If low on freon the compressor will not come on.

The Radio issue, did you check fuses?

Fuses have been checked and it’s not low on Freon.

Why would you think it's not low on freon?

What is the Radio doing exactly?

Freon was checked at a shop - it’s not turning on at all.

How did they check it exactly? do you know? Did they recover the freon from the system to determine how much was in it and then recharge it? or did they just push the service valve to see if it has freon?

They actually recovered and recharged

Ok.. Does the AC light come on when you turn the AC on?

Idk I have to check

Ok.. let me know

Did the ecu thing make any sense

Not sure.. There are checks you need to do to determine that. A ac pressure sensor is likely. Ecm is very uncommon

But as for the radio, if the fuse is good and getting power, I have seen where they get signal jammed and get knocked out. Simply disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 mins could restore operation. If not, you could have a internal failure in the radio.

Is ac pressure sensor an expensive fix?

It's about 80 to 90 bucks. But the AC system would need to be recovered again, then installed, and re-charged.

But if the AC light is coming on, then I would not think it's a AC pressure sensor. I would then check to see if the compressor is getting power. Monitor if the IPDM is turning on the Compressor.

The AC pressure sensor does talk to the Ecm, and then the Ecm would command the IPDM to turn the compressor to come on

It is possible it's a Air Controller or a AC pressure sensor. But as I said, it would need to be properly to verify which is causing this.

I think they said the compressor isn’t getting power.

So, it could be a AC pressure sensor or Air Controller. But as I said, it would require the proper checks to determine that.

That would tell me that the controller is operating, so it could possibly be a AC pressure sensor

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician