Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 frontier. The engine was running then shut…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 frontier. The engine was running then shut down. Went to start it up and the starter would click like it was a dead battery. Tested battery had a bad cell. Replaced battery same issue so I replaced the starter. Still the same problem. The motor will turn bout a quarter turn then it will click as if the battery is dead. Tried jumping off same thing.Battery reads 12.4 volts

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Yes to both

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have replaced the battery and the starter. Motor was running fine then it stalled. The truck is an automatic truck was in park.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/10/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 9 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi sounds like a power supply problem have you check the condition of the battery cables ground and power side and for a clean surface on both end of the b- cable ?

I have ohmed them out

and what was the reading on the negative side from end to end ?