Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Jay, in st peters, mo with this nissan pathfinder. Ok now…

Jay,Rich in st peters, mo...
Jay,Rich in st peters, mo with this nissan pathfinder. Ok now I'm ready to tear this thing down and get this tear timing chain cover gasket taken care of after 2 years of chatting with you lol. I remember the first step which is important is to let it run out of fuel. Do you pull the EGI relay and try to start it? Or what was the proper procedure?
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/8/2017
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Normally you pull the fuel pump relay and wait until the engine dies, then loosen up the gas cap and that will release the fuel pressure so it won't spray when opening up a fuel line.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

It is located behind the left luggage compartment trim.

Or you could just remove fuse #17 in the j/b behind dash, left side of steering wheel.

Do you still need help?

Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician