Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a nissan 2.6 in a London taxi cab and just had fuel…

Customer Question
I have a nissan...

I have a nissan 2.6 in a London taxi cab and just had fuel tank cleaned. I replaced it and now it will crank and idle roughly but will nopt rev when press accelerator

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Its a diesel and yes, it has fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your London Taxi?

1976

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your London Taxi yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took out tank, it had the black crud algae in it and replaced, put in fresh fuel, replaced fuel lines and primer pump and fuel filter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it. when I prime it with primer pump, it runs very rich, white smoke , and if I press the accelerator, nothing happens to RPM

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/6/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

if it won't respond to the accelerator then this sounds like the fuel supply either isn't getting through to the pump or the main pump may have been damaged by the previous dirt in the fuel

I'd suggest the next step is to measure the fuel pressure at the injectors this will confirm if the issue is a lack of fuel

as its also possible that the injection timing has slipped as this will also produce all these symptoms

I am frustrated with this whole process, I type in responses and get pushed to pay again or just go some other area. Just send me my money back. I wasted too much time trying to cope with this mess