Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 370Z (original owner) 33,000 miles. Intelligent key…

Customer Question
2010 370Z (original owner)...

2010 370Z (original owner) 33,000 miles. Intelligent key warning light on, engine won't turn over, physical key in dashboard slot & has no affect - now key stuck. All functions of security locking / unlocking work. Brake pedal HARD. What can I do to override computer or at least get it out of park?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 370Z yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing other than fiddling with start / stop button, brake pedal and mechanical key.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 10 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The first thing we need to do is get that mechanical key out of the fob slot. The remote goes into that slot, not the key.

Do you have a pair of needle nose pliers and a fairly long skinny flat head screw driver?