Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When I would lock my Nissan Versa with the remote it would…

Customer Question
When I would lock...

When I would lock my Nissan Versa with the remote it would beep and let me know it was locked and yesterday, it stopped, it went mute. Is that normal?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

+62,000, and it has never happened before. 2012 Versa

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not tried anything except trying the spare remote, but it was the same effect. It is due for a oil change, I think a tune up, but I do not think that would cause that, would it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if it is starting to fall apart already. It is 5 years old, but it still seems a bit young. The tire light also started staying on, replaced all the tires. Had a fender bender where a truck turned into my car, driver's side, a year ago, doors replaced, bag not deployed as not moving. I keep up the oil changes & stuff every 3 months.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/6/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 10 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** I can help

are you by the car now ?I can help you fix that problem .

you an fix this problem by pushing and holding the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for more then 3 seconds the horn should beep then