Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My right rear tail light won't work..checked the fuse

Customer Question
My right rear tail...

My right rear tail light won't work..checked the fuse ok..turn signal and brake light work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Yes the bulb works but no power in the connection

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2015 Altima sv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I live in the middle of nowhere and there isn't a close nissan garage. I replaced the bulb didn't work.i checked the fuse its ok.i ran a tester and I can power it from the left side but won't work otherwise

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/5/2017
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Have you checked the 2 fuses on the attachment?

Under the hood I did
they are good

ok, standby please

Correct..a guy I work with had a power tester and could power it from the harness on the rear driverside

ok. standby please

do the license plate lamps work?

Everything else does

did he power it with the connector off or with it connected?

With it connected..sent power to the harness on the drvers rear with the tester and it worked..so it's not getting power from there to the passenger side..i checked the wires and I don't see anything broken

it has to be a wiring issue. please standby

please do this test and let me know if the tail lamp part of it passes

Can't get it to work..il have to take it to a dealer

ok, but its going to be a wiring issue. I would do a continuity test of that wire from the connector to joint connector B07 in the left front of the luggage compartment

Ok thanks

you bet

hows it going?