Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just changed the battery to a 2010 Nissan Armand’s and the…

Customer Question
Just changed the battery...

Just changed the battery to a 2010 Nissan Armand’s and the horn keeps going off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Nissan?

I am sorry it’s the 2007 se model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/5/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

If you have the remote for the door locks, you should be able to cycle them on and off once the battery is connected to stop the horn.

If you don't have it, then connect the battery, close the hood and with all the doors closed, use the key to unlock the door. Hold it in the unlock position until the horn stops going off. Usually takes a few seconds is all.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more help with this?

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician