Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Murano and have a couple questions. 2010. So first…

Customer Question
I have a Murano...

I have a Murano and have a couple questions

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Murano?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

So first off...when it is on any type of incline, it will hestiate when i start to go. It feels like my foot slipped off the gas pedal, but it hasnt and then it will take off. I have had the throttle position sensor checked and they said it was fine. Any ideas of the cause? Second I was just driving on the highway and a really loud warning sound beep was being made and i have no idea the cause and then it stopped...no lights or anything came on and it was driving fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle hesitate during acceleration? Or maybe speed up suddenly when you aren't even hitting the gas?

No, it drives perfectly fine, except when you are stopped on any kind of incline. The light will turn green, you push the gas, it goes for 1 second, then feels like you lose power for a couple seconds, and then it will start moving just fine. The rpms dont rev when this happens, it just sits, like you've lost power.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's everything

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Is the check engine light on when this is happening? The hesitation I mean?

No, it is not on. No lights turn on. Just loses power and then starts going again.

Ok

There are a few things that could cause this. Since it seems to happen only on inclines I would be tempted to have the fuel pressure checked. If it's low it might take it a second to kick up to where the car will accelerate. It could be more noticeable on an incline VS a flat take off.

Other possible causes would be the O2 sensors or possibly the mass air flow sensor. All can cause this without storing a code or turning the light on.

Check the hose from the throttle to the air cleaner. Make sure it's not broken or loose, sometimes that can cause this type of issue.

As for the warning, the only thing I think that might cause that without any kind of light is if it's due for maintenance. Oil change or tire rotation type of maintenance, so look at the screen and see. Otherwise I am really not sure what would cause the audible without any lights.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more help with this?