Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2016 Nissan or to the brakes squeak in when I press…

Customer Question
I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 Nissan or to the brakes king squeak in when I press on the brakes lightly but this was with the manufacture and breaks I gotta check out and I didn't need any breaks I didn't know roaders bully comfort about this weekend so I end up going to Nissan in nato midday we shaved down my road is wish to meet make any sense but that I could just change my brakes in my motors so IN the game my brakes on my body change put a good quality break orner on a car in the cars do speak in and I'm just like it is because I don't know what else to do with the car

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time you changed the brake pads?

2 weeks ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 Nissan?

S

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Change the brakes and rotors

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Chris, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

Brake squeaks can be caused by dust/dirt or glazing of the brake pads and rotors. Light squeaking does not mean there is a problem, but can be annoying.

If it really bothers you, then have the pads replaced and have the rotors resurfaced or replaced.

Also there is a compound anti squeak product that can be applied to the pads to help eliminate or reduce the squeak.

So you may want to apply this to the new pads just to help more.

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

I did all of these things and nothing worked
Okay, there is one more product sold by Kent automotive. It is a liquid that you apply to the material lining on each brake pad and then let it dry. That will usually take care of the light squeak type noise. You can get it at your local auto parts store.Chris
I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you! Chris
Chris
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician