Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2004 Nissan Maxima will not start. It will act like it's…

Customer Question
Hi, My 2004 Nissan...

Hi, My 2004 Nissan Maxima will not start. It will act like it's going to crank, but never fully do so. The only code given is P1800

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I have checked them. We replaced the terminal connections around 3 months ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

My grandpa is a mechanic. He is fixing it. We replaced the starter so far.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/4/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Just to be clear the engine is cranking and not starting or no cranking at all?

It turns over, but never catches.

Ok

Thank you.

Can you tell me if the security light is staying on when you turn the key on?

No. It doesn't.

Ok

if the light is going out we know it's not a security issue. This is good.

Now you have to check for fuel and spark. Pull one of the ignition coils and check and make sure there is spark when cranking the engine. You might also be flooded. Try holding the gas pedal to the floor while cranking the engine in 30 second intervals. Do this 5-6 times and let me know.