Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My back hatch will not open. I have been using the manual…

Customer Question
Hi , my back...

Hi , my back hatch will not open. I have been using the manual latch, but my wife can do that

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2005 murano

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

Usually when I unlock the front pass. side it opens. not now

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes my rear pass door will not auto unlock

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/4/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The passenger front door latch assembly is the signal for the hatch to unlock. Does that door not lock or unlock properly?

It doesn't unlock with the automatic

That could be your issue with the hatch. That passenger front door is the signal for the hatch to unlock. So this is normally caused by a bad door latch assembly for the Passenger front door. I would start with repairing that first, as that may resolve your hatch issue as well since the hatch gets' it's signal from the passenger front.

I have a video I made on how to replace these latches. Would you like to see it?

I would love to Ser that, Fire Dept. I was on a call
I love to see that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvUCEjVkF_0&feature=youtu.be

The video is on a Infiniti, but once you get the door finisher off, it's more or less the same steps

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician