Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2014 nissan murano crosscabriolet rreplaced battery now open…

Customer Question
2014 nissan murano crosscabriolet...

2014 nissan murano crosscabriolet rreplaced battery now open roof light is on and trunk will NOT open...any ides/

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

On?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano CrossCabriolet yourself? What have you tried so far?

Window re calibrated, fuse is ok, intelligent key at rear outside trunk button

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to open roof and trunk after new battery install...thank u!!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/3/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 10 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

On these vehicles if you change the battery, you need to perform a convertible top relearn. That is why you are having issues. You can try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 mins and then connect it and see if convertible top operation returns.. Other wise, you would need to go to the dealer to have a convertible top relearn done to correct your issue I am afraid..

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

the trunk wont open..........can we do that first please

That is all control unit operated.. These tops are all controlled using a scanner. Try the reset of the system and see if that returns it to normal operation. That is the only thing you can really do with out a scanner.

I recalibrated the windows ...trunk still won't open...had intelligent key at back outside trunk latch....took out fuse and replaced.... used "key" in lock and held to after windows went down... any thing else??

windows are easy. They always have to be programmed when you do a battery as well.

But each operation of the roof is all controlled by the convertible top control unit. The trunk operation and all.

That is why I am trying to tell you to do the hard reset. Sometimes that will allow the top to operate. If it doesn't, then a scanner has to be used. There is no other way I am afraid..