Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hesitates to start after replacing fuel pump but runs well…

Customer Question
Hesitates to start after...

Hesitates to start after replacing fuel pump but runs well after sit stats

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

It was replaced recently

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It was replaced by a mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm just wondering about the relay cause i went to buy it and they dont have info about that part in thier system

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/3/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What model Nissan is this?

was this a after market fuel pump you installed?

it's an aftermarket fuel pump
hello?

I am here...

Give me time to type.. I am a slow typer...

So what I have seen which is common of after market fuel pumps is the feed hose on them are softer than the factory fuel pump so what happens is the line collapses and can restrict fuel flow. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge to verify this?

no i'm sorry i cant afford that now

If you are referring to the phone call, that is a automated response from the site. You don't have to accept that if you don't want to.

if you cant me please do not charge my debit card,thank you

Do you want a refund? Is that what you are asking for?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician