Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2012 Juke's electronic key battery is out. Can I just…

Customer Question
My 2012 Juke's electronic...

My 2012 Juke's electronic key battery is out. Can I just change the battery?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your JUKE yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have been looking for a place to buy a battery. I couldn't find a way to speak with a service manager.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I see the instructions for the IKEY port, that is helpful. However, I want the key fixed.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/3/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Does the remote start the vehicle when installed in the remote port?

I haven't tried that yet.
Will the remote port charge it?

No, it doesn't, that is a myth.

The port will read the remote and allow the car to start if the battery is dead. So I am simply trying to determine if the issue is the remote or the car.

Where can I get a new battery? They amber key on the dash has been showing for awhile

Do you have another remote? Is the Steering wheel locked?

I have the spare key but now with me now. The car nearly didn't start this am but I took remote out and "unlocked" by remote, and then I was able to start car.

Ok.. So when you say it nearly didn't start, what did it do?

Nothing.

If you do not step on the brake, and press the start button two times, does the dash lights come on? Is the steering wheel locked? If you turn the head lights on, do they come on?

I haven't known to try those things.

Can you try them and let me know..?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician