Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My qx 56 is not recognising my key it will start and keeps…

Customer Question
My qx 56 is not...
My qx 56 is not recognising my key it will start and keeps saying no key . My back door alarm keeps going tailgate open when I go over a certain speed say 20 and it keeps beeping driving me crazy and my navigation and radio won't come on
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/2/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 10 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

If you hold the Remote over the start button ( Infiniti Logo part ) see if the truck starts and let me know..

It doesn't have a problem starting. But as you drive it says no key and the tailgate beeps and I have no navigation or radio

Does everything go out at once?

fuse maybe?

If it was a fuse, they would not come on and go out. Or does the Radio / Navigation not work at all Period?

No it doesn't come on at all.. everything happened at once

So right now if you start the truck, the Radio will not come on, and the Hatch open indicator beeps?

The car will start and drive. It just keeps beeping the back gate is open
sir..

Do you have a Automatic Gate? Does it open and close properly?

No automatic glass
What you think Jay?

If you open and close the door manually, if you drop it lightly, does the hatch motor activate and draw in the hatch?

it operates properly..push button and all works perfectly..
All other functions work ... no navigation or radio..locks work mirrors work..still even has the notorious transmission jerk..lol

Oh jezz.. Lets try something. Lets do a Reboot of the truck. To do this disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins.. Then connect it and lets see if the Radio returns to normal operation along with the other items.. Other wise, we will need to start with checking fuses.

I already did that... I looked at another person with a similar problem.. already disconnected negative side for a whole 10 min.. or longer

Then we need to check all fuses with a test light and possibly get a scanner to monitor control units to see if there is codes..

How do I do that? A dealership

Do you have a Test light?

No is the navigation radio fuse under the hood?

Let me double check.. I think it's inside the truck.. Hang on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dfol7nq8lq9xkj/1%20fuse%201.jpg?dl=0

This is the first image .. 2 more images coming...

There is some fuses under the hood. So lets check all those fuses..