Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 Rogue AWD - I am experiencing occasional

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Rogue AWD - I am experiencing occasional trouble starting the car with the key not able to turn when placed in the ignition - it's just locked and nothing seems to work except when I leave it alone and take the key out of the ignition foir a few minutes and then it works!

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

When it is locked only with great difficulty and not too much.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything so far. I am in a remote area of southern Ontario a long way from where I get my car serviced and I must drieve first thing tomorrow about 130 km to an airport where I will store my vehicle and fly home - 3 hours by jet. This is early in the morning. I am hoping there is something simple that I need to do or stop doing! Chances are good it will work fine in the morning.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really, thanks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/3/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Does your spare key result in the same result?

Sorry for long delay. When I first asked my question I was temporarily in Ontario, the Province where my car is stored for most of the year. I live in the arctic (3hours by jet) and that is where I am now. Fortunately, when I drover early this morning from our cottage to the airport everything worked fine. This is a new problem - the storage people have the spare key and so far have never complained that it wasn't woprking, but at the same time this is a brand new phenomenon. Now that I am back home in the arctic I think I will have to wait until I am bac south in late November to see if the problem is persisting.

Keep in touch as needed

Thanks, ***** *****! Terry

You are welcome

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician