Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a nissan maxima 2016 or the 8th generation i wanted…

Customer Question
I have a nissan...

I have a nissan maxima 2016 or the 8th generation i wanted to know if it has automatic headlight adjustment or is there a way to focus/aim/adjust headlights

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Everything is working fine, i had the front grill replaced and i feel the headlights are now a bit lower than earlier

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to Nissan and they changed the front grill for me, now i am on a trip and night driving felt odd because headlights were a bit low

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Front grill replaced at nissan service centre, they removed the bumper forgot the parking sensor, removed again fixed parking sensor, later i went back again as bumper was not fit properly they fixed again and i left on a road trip and saw headlight is not same focus as before

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/2/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician
Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great! My name is***** am a master certified technician and would be happy to answer this for you.The headlights on a 2016 have a manual adjuster that is located behind the headlight assembly. If they had the bumper off it is possible that the adjuster/headlight assembly was taken loose or moved for access.I would contact the service manager at the shop you went to and inform him of the problem, they should take care of it for you seeing as it was a result of them removing the bumper.Does that help answer your question?