Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 Nissan Quest. Vehicles steering started slipping while…

Customer Question
2005 Nissan Quest . Vehicles...
2005 Nissan Quest . Vehicles steering started slipping while turning left. At first it was occasionally now more frequent, and occasionally when turning right. Amy tips on where to start???
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
10/1/2017
Nissan Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

First thing you should do is to check the condition of the power steering belt. And replace it if needed. If the belt looks ok, you may be able to just tighten the tension on it by adjusting the power steering pump. This should stop the squealing.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician