Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Check engine light went on after driving with cruise control…

Customer Question
Check engine light went...

Check engine light went on after driving with cruise control about 75 mph and the cvt seemed to be switching gears or not catching frequently

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stayed on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '75 Nissan?

2014 murano

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to diagnose, I have a*****back home and a little concerned

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/30/2017
Nissan Mechanic: eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, there are over 200 engine fault codes and roughly 150 transmission fault codes, so it is impossible to diagnose without knowing the exact fault code number(s).

Unless you are currently in California, run your vehicle by any major parts store where you are at and have them use their code reader to retrieve the fault code(s), which they do for Free, and then post them here and I can go from there.

I am concerned about the cvt running the engine around with rpm accelerating and deaccelerating frequently and engine not seeming to be engaged
This occurred at approximately 75mph while in cruise control
Hello?

HI,

Possible causes are electronic valve body assembly, transmission control module, pressure switch, gear ratio errors, fluid pump, and a several internal causes.

I cannot tell you the severity of it without knowing the codes.

With the description of the symptoms, it may be a serious internal issue or an electronic issue.

If you are not close to a parts store to have the codes read, then it would be best to have it towed to a shop to have the codes read and go from there

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.