Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Stearing wheel is locked. Not yet. 2014 frontier s. Applying…

Customer Question
Stearing wheel is locked ...

Stearing wheel is locked

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

Not yet

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2014 frontier s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Applying presure and turning key

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My key has chipped of 1 centimeter at the end

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/30/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Merc320, Technician replied 8 months ago
Merc320
Merc320, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

It sounds like you need a new key , but you can try to wiggle the key whilst shaking the steering wheel it might just release .

In the service book if filled out by dealer correctly will have the key number to order a new one.

Please keep me informed.