Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Lopes at idle smells gassy will stutter at speeds when even…

Customer Question
Lopes at idle smells...

Lopes at idle smells gassy will stutter at speeds when even no acceleration no decell. Will push through it giving gas or total decell. For a sec. Otherwise runs good

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Same as usual not gas hog

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

1994 1.6L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes it's had a total tune up just put in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Runs Great with your foot in it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/30/2017
Nissan Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a handful of things that can cause the engine to run rough and smell rich. You could have a bad MAP or MAF sensor, it may be an oxygen sensor issue, EGR, an inaccurate coolant sensor or an injector control issue.

Have you checked for fault codes?