Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am looking to swap my 2007 xterra automatic transmission…

Customer Question
I am looking to swap...
I am looking to swap my 2007 xterra automatic transmission with a used one from a 2012. I believe that transmissions are compatible, but I want to make sure that the TCM will work after being programmed? Thanks
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/29/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Everything is the same on that, just make sure you do the program and you will be fine, did you have the dreaded inter cooler leak ? I would recommend to do the bypass with at least a 12 pass trans cooler so you dont have that problem in the future

I have already done the bypass but it was too late to save the transmission. I will be adding a secondary tans cooler once I replace the transmission.

I like the external coolers anyways as they provide a better cooling for the fluid, did you know that every 10-20 degrees results in decreasing the protection level of the fluid by half, heres a chart it will blow your mind, really make you wanna have a huge cooler on there