Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just put on new 265 r75 16 on my 2010 frontier 4wd because…

Customer Question
Just put on new...

Just put on new 265 r75 16 on my 2010 frontier 4wd because couldn't find r70s in 10 ply switched on 4wd yesterday and the 4wd trouble light came on still have r70s on the front will that make the trouble light come on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Warning lt on dashboard says 4wd flashes then stays on till I take it of 4wd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not yet trying to figure weather it could be mismatched tires or something else

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/27/2017
Nissan Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

Yes the difference in tire circumference will cause the computer to sense the different wheel speeds so it will not allow 4x4 operation to protect the transfer case. The different wheel speeds will cause the case to be damaged.

Get the same size on both ends and the problem will be resolved.

Please let me know if you have further questions. If nothing further please complete the rating

Thanks

Was that the information you needed? if so please complete the rating

Thanks