Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Won't start. lost power on the freeway a few days ago.

Customer Question
Won't start. lost power...

Won't start. lost power on the freeway a few days ago. pulled off the road waited a few minutes and it started right back up and has worked fine for a few days. Now it won't start. I don't hear the pump when I open the tank and engage the key. I've replace the fuel filter. Assuming its the pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Only happened one time on the freeway. didn't surge or jump, just lost acceleration totally. didn't stop running though. I chose to shut the engine off. waited and then turned right back on. now it won't start at all. 2003 xterra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to fix it myself. all the youtube video's look really hard on this. I've messed with the battery, exchanged the fuse (couldn't find a relay switch), replaced the fuel filter, opened the gas cap and didn't hear anything when I engaged the ignition

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/27/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 10 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have any warning lights on when the vehicle is running?