Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Turn the keyless ignition, lights, air all work but the car…

Customer Question
Turn the keyless ignition...

Turn the keyless ignition, lights, air all work but the car will not start. The brake pedal is stiff, hard to depress. I just had it towed, the mechanic thinks the alarm system has seized not allowing the car to start. Now the remote will not lock or unlock the doors

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

I think the steering wheel turns, not 100 on that, the key is fine. New battery, worked in three locations since 5am this morning

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2008 LE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pathfinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My wife is with the car at the mechanic, I am home, I just thought I would give this a shot, I had never heard of an alarm seizing to where the car is inoperable

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/26/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

ok first off have you verified a good battery and it can handle a load? also if thats ok is there any warning lights on in the dash ?