Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I talked to u before about a issue with a 2001 Nissan

Customer Question
Hi I talked to u...
Hi I talked to u before about a issue with a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder v6 3.5 liter vq35de were it was idle then stalled out it would crank but not turn over today I checked it I have fuel going up to the fuel rail and I checked the crank shaft sensor it looked ok so I did a second test with the scan tool. The stored codes where p1491 vc cut/v bypass/v code p0505 idle air control system code p1335 ckp sensor (ref) code p0335 crankshaft position sensor a circut and code p1111 intake valve timing control solenoid valve Wich are also the pending codes what would be the next step to check or what code fix the issue
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/25/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

That is allot of info. Please give me a min to review your previous questions on this issue. Keep in mind, I am limited to one topic per question, and just this question alone, has 3 different things going on. So hang on please..

So it looks like a few other experts have been trying to help you with this, I assume to no success.

What work have you done exactly so far?

I check the crank shaft sensor but got no reading on it I checked the fuel line up to the fuel rail when tries to start it the line spit out feul and and pressure but I did not check the fuel rail itself. The fuel pump was working and I check the feul pum 1 and 2 relay the one did look burned so I tried to swith them to see what happens and got the same issue
I was told by someone that there are 2 crank shaft sensors but I only found 1 next to the transmission it had a solid white wire a solid black wire and a black with white strip wire that was connected into the sensor

There is two Cam Sensors. 1 Crank sensor.

Did you replace any sensors? What have you done exactly to the truck?

No I did not replace any sensors yet

Well, the most common thing that causes a Crank Sensor code is a Cracked Flywheel if changing the sensor doesn't help. When it comes to electrical parts, do no use after market sensor. Get them from the dealer.

Now, when it comes to this P0505 code, this code is the big one. So normally I would say before you tackle any other codes, this one needs to be addressed first. Let me explain to you why and what causes this code...

The P0505 code is for the IAC control system. What happens is this. The IAC has coolant going around the chamber to cool it. So there is a gasket for the IAC. ( Idle Air Control ). When this gasket fails, coolant seeps onto the IAC motors and shorts them out. When this happens your Idle will raise, be irratic, the car won't start and do all sorts of idle type issues, then it will get into running issues. But also, at this point when the IAC gets shorted and causes the code, it also damages the ECM. So if you were to replace the IAC, the Ecm since that circuit is damaged, will damage the new IAC. So what needs to be done to correct this, is to replace the IAC and the ECM both at the same time. Other wise you will never get a head of the issue. Failure to replace both at the same time, you will never resolve the problem.

So after you replace the Ecm & the IAC, you will need to reprogram all your keys for your car and have a Idle relearn performed.