Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1987 Nissan 300zx and the clock, rear view mirrors…

Customer Question
I have a 1987 Nissan...
I have a 1987 Nissan 300zx and the clock, rear view mirrors are not working. I tested and replaced the fuse 10 amp but thats not the issue. Maybe the relay but I popped out one and switched it with another one and still no power to the clock or mirrors. they are on the same circuit. The clock was looking a week ago...several months ago the security system was draining the battery and killing it so I disconnected under the passenger seat the security system/controller. any ideas on why these accessories are not working? how else to test...
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/25/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are youThe fuse box bottom left driver side , these are common problem , I had to take mine out and completely retire and clean it , you can try first getting. Crv electrical contact cleaner and spray connection , look at fuse sockets , I rubbed mine with a screw driver one by one , I searched a lot for one in junkyards , no luck for me then when I did ,I owned 2 of the 87 model , good reliable car , towards the end of it life had electrical issues with it ,
But I will look up the circuit and what controls and how they work also , I wii; send you PDF filee here
Send me vin # so I can be accurate on diagrams it list several models ?
Thanks
1987 Nissan 300ZX JN1HZ14S5HX204695. I will take out the fuse box and clean up the connections like you mentioned. Hope that does the trick.

based on the vin # ,that is correct diagram , i took mine apart and took 3 hours to clean , take ur time and make sure no water coming down on it it is from door frame or dash ,fixed that

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

I started by cleaning the connections under the hood on the relays and inline fuse box next to the battery. I have not cleaned the fuse box yet but was able to get the electrics working again (clock, rear view mirrors) and radio so went with it. finished my new car stereo installation. But the oil gauge is not working. I bought a new oil gauge sensor and will put that in when I do an oil change to see if it resolves that issue. any thoughts on the oil gauge?

awesome news

on the oil pressure switch this how you check it

click on link to view

You are very welcome :)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

ok i will give it a try to see whats going on

ok

You are very welcome :)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat