Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do you replace center console latch that the 2 screw…

Customer Question
How do you replace center...
How do you replace center console latch that the 2 screw came out of on a 2007 Nissan Maxima. The lid slides but I cannot access the screw holes.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/25/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, you have just the latch? Or the entire lid?
The original latch fell off. I have the latch and the two screws. I cannot get access to the screw holes.

you have to pop off the plastic piece on the INSIDE of the armrest, it should look like 3 separate pieces on the inside face, the inner and outermost trim pieces are removable to dis-assemble the armrest.

Is there any type of button or latch that I need to push. Do I just pry them apart with a screwdriver

You will pry out the center trim piece so you can disassemble the armrest. The outer should also be removable but the piece in between those two is part of the frame so it cannot be pried off.