Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It wont start. I dont know. will take a look. 2007 altima.

Customer Question
It wont start Mechanic's...

It wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I dont know. will take a look

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2007 altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

The smart key wont start the car. Originally the icon said lock. Now it shows "on" and the other icon light are flashing, including the front warnining light. The battery seems to be draining.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/24/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, thanks for the question.Do the headlights work?Because if the ignition will switch between ACC/ON then the key is being recognized.
If the ignition is STUCK in the ON position, then you will have to disconnect the battery and reconnect it to reset.
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician