Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 frontier. I have had alternator and battery replaced,

Customer Question
2002 frontier. I have...

2002 frontier. I have had alternator and battery replaced, recently. also have had the alternator belt replaced 4 times, keeps on shredding and gets loose. alternator and battery are good. any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? How many miles are on the car?

Replaced last month and miles are 130321

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that's it!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/23/2017
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David, first, if you remove the alternator belt do all the pulleys that it goes around move freely?(except the crank). also looking at the pulleys from the side do they all apper to be lined up ok? if so then replace the tensioner assmbly