Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 nissan Altima, I was driving down the road when I lost…

Customer Question
2005 nissan Altima, I was...
2005 nissan Altima, I was driving down the road when I lost all response to the throttle, car stayed running so I turned it off thinking it might go back to normal when I turned it back on however it was if the battery had instantly died, and the car now has no spark, I have replaced both cam and crank sensors with no luck, unplugging cam sensor still does nothing, where do I go from here?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/23/2017
Nissan Mechanic: eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 10 months ago
eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, to be sure, does the engine turn over but not start, or does the engine not turn over at all - no noise

And I need to get the last 8 of the vin number to pull the necessary schematics

The vehicle does crank over, it just does not start, the last 8 are 5C181223

HI,

Have you tried spraying some starting fluid in to the throttle body and see if it will start and run for a couple of seconds?

It won't run with starting fluid, it is getting no spark at all

Ok, give me a few minutes to pull the schematics and see where the issue may lay

Thank You, ***** ***** helps at all, the security light on the dash and key fob completely stopped working, and the headlight switch as well, although the headlights will come on by themselves despite the switch being off if the key is turned to the on position for about 10 seconds

HI,

I am going to have to opt out. I pull up the schematics and it shows it as for a 2015 2.5L Altima but the wiring schematics show 12 coils, so somehow my repair database is corrupted.

If another expert can help, they will post here to you