Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Is the Orange, or Yellow, wire going to the blower fan in…

Customer Question
Is the Orange, or...

Is the Orange, or Yellow, wire going to the blower fan in the dashboard of my 2007 Nissan Versa the Positive (+12V) lead, and the Purple wire the -12v (ground) lead wire? Thank-you!

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No, that's it!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/22/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Your blower motor gets its power from the fuse #15 in the interior fuse panel on the yellow wire and the blue wire is the ground wire from the blower motor resistor. See the wiring diagram for the circuit in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ur67qu7jru7yni/blower%20motor%20Sep%2022.pdf?dl=0

Thanks, Ron! So I can cut the Yellow wire going to the Fan, and tie it to a switch going back to the Fuse block, so that I can get full Fan speed? My Fan control switch is broken, and won't go up past the 2 setting, think something is physically stopping it, and I would like to get the Fan to blow faster.

The fan speed is controlled by the blower motor resister by varying the ground coming to the blower motor through the switch. I would think that is the wire you would want to tie into if you can not just replace the resistor. The yellow wire is a constant power feed to the blower motor.