Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Tail lights not working and the fuse is good. All the lights…

Customer Question
Tail lights not working...

Tail lights not working and the fuse is good

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

All the lights were working just a few minutes earlier

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2015 sentra sl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just happen as I was driving. Have just checked the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just need to know if there something I can do right here in this parking lot to get them working

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/22/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

that is a complicates system, so if your in a parking lot, do you have any tools? start with checking 12, 3 , 8 in the driver side dash panel , what lights do you not have ?

Do I count from top to bottom left to right I can get a tool if I need it

there should be small numbers on the panel or in the user manual or cover

The only numbers are for the fuses and the Manuel only shows a picture of the fuse box with nothing labled the panel shows what the fuse is for but none of them indicate lights of any kind same thing for the one under the hood

ok ill try to find some diagrams while im doing that look at this one its under hood and check fuse 36

The fuse box under the hood only has seven fuses 3 15a and 4 10a it's only about 2in wide and 8in long and they are all good
The one on the side of the dash looks like the second diagram and they are good

so after that you will need to get a voltmeter for some electrical testing and we can really get to the bottom of the problem

I do have a volt meter. What do I need to check. I was a field tech with att for 30 years so I have some testing knowledge

so I need to know whats working and whats not on the rear and then I can tell you what to check

The turn signals and the brake lights and the backup lights work in the rear. No fog lights and no taillights

ok so I need you to verify power at 36 fuse under hood and see if your getting power

Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician