Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

It's sputtering as I'm driving I believe it's having

It's sputtering as I'm driving I believe it's having temporary loss of power
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2008 Ultima
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far I don't have anything that I know for certain however I do know that it's time for a tuneup and I'm thinking it may just be fixed by a spark plug change I have a person coming to look at the car on Saturday however I'm trying to see if I can diagnose it myself without having to pay someone to look at it
JA: The Nissan Mechanics require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: Doesn't sound like sparkle plugs could fix the situation
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have any warning lights on when the car is running?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Noas warnings and my lights do not flash as though power is going in and out. The only thing that I think it could be as well I have recently replaced my fuse box and it may be that something is loose we connected causing the sputtering the power
When you say sputtering, please explain? Does it not want to accelerate over 2k rpms? Or do you have to accelerate lightly to get the car to move?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Acceleration is not a problem however in driving there appears to be a jerking sensation as though the car is about to lose power sometimes are worse than not