Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Driver side door is shut and won t open from either side.

Customer Question
Driver side door is...

Driver side door is shut and won t open from either side

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

05

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I ve had the inside panel off last winter and fixed the frozen actuator but the door is shut right now

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/21/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 9 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What model 2005 Nissan is this?

05

Maxima? Altima? Sentra? What Model?

05 x trail

Thank you.. This is normally due to the door latch assembly. There is a inside cable that goes to the latch and the lever on the latch is what goes.

So what happens is that it sticks and when it's stuck, the door can not be opened inside or out. So in order to get the door open, the door finisher will need to be removed, the door glass and window regulator to get to the latch so you can reach under it to move the lever to get it to open.

Once open, then you can remove and replace the latch assembly.

What's the door finisher

Door panel inside

That is a video on a Infiniti on how it's done. It's more or less done the same exact way.

When the door is shut you cannot remove the inside door panel

You can, it's just tricky as heck..

No kidding

Once you take out all it's screws and loosen the panel, I normally roll it up like a Lambo door to remove it. I fold the drivers seat all the way back..

55357;�thanks

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!