Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Get a miss at times code 51 and 32. 51 and also a 32 doesn't…

Customer Question
Get a miss at...

Get a miss at times code 51 and 32

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

51 and also a 32 doesn't miss all the timet

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '51 Nissan?

1994 Nissan 4x4 5speed hardbody

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Hardbody yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just pulled codes after removing seat to ecu haven't done any work yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Vehicle only has 136 k actual miles

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/21/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Which engine are you running?

waiting on you

Which engine are you running?

no just let me know your answer

In order to post an answer I need to know which engine you are running please.

1994 Nissan 4x4 v6 5speed

Thank you for that clarification, The common cause for the code 51 to set on your 3.0 is usually excessive resistance in one or more of the injector and to determine which of these it is you need to ohm the injector checking the resistance. I have enclosed the steps to do this in the first link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxfepcdrctfr7t2/Injector%20test%20Sep%2021.pdf?dl=0

The code 32 is an EGR systems fault code and usually set due to a failing Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Backpressure Transducer and or the hose to it. In order to determine if in fact that is the case you will need to run the testing steps in the link below. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help with this and we can work from there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbucvwn0hu9ycr2/EGR%20Testing%20Sep%2021.pdf?dl=0

will check fuel injectors then get back to u

Sure thing, Im here if needed.

ok thanks

Your very welcome.