Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car won't shift at all. The VDC light and Slip light and…

Customer Question
The car won't shift...

The car won't shift at all. The VDC light and Slip light and check engine light are on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on. Hitting the switch doesn't change the light or the failure to shift.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2009 Murano

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just checked fluid levels ad reviewed the owners manual. I don't intend to work on it other than to add fluid if needed. Both transmission and transmission fluids were ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really. It's parked in the driveway and can't be moved.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/21/2017
Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago
eric remington

...Eric here to help

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

do you have a scanner that you can access the obd 2 port and extract codes

Ive not used it yet but I have one.
Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

o​k if it only allows pcm access (many modules on car) you will be limited to the pcm codes and data which may may not help us.....But since you have that lets ck and see if you have any trouble codes....Ok?

Ill give it a try.
Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

so​ it shifts out of park just wont go into reverse of drive? you could try a battery disconnect but if it mov es drive it around the block b4 taking it to a shop to have it professionally diagnosed

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

but scan it first or else th codes may disappear...is this a recdent development can you attribute anything that may have helped to cause this?

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

yes scan it first and let me know if you get any codes....

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 10 months ago

how is it going?