Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Nissan Versa that has started to make some…

Customer Question
Hi! I have a...

Hi! I have a 2014 Nissan Versa that has started to make some sputtering sounds. They seem to be coming from the backend of the car and not the engine. I'm really confused as to what this could be, since I took it to the dealership last week for an oil change and was told that everything was running soundly with the car. Any idea what could be causing the noise and is it something I should be concerned with?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Last week.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't done anything with the car myself. I just noticed the sound this afternoon.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing else that I can think of right now. Thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/21/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

is there any way you can record the sound and post it on here?

Nissan Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that could be making the noise and it's going to require some in person diagnostics to determine exactly what it is. With your description of 'sputtering' I'm wondering if you're hearing an exhaust leak.

Can you describe the noise in detail?