david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

I'm having an issue with trying to tune my Nissan 350Z. I'm

Hello, I'm having an issue with trying to tune my Nissan 350Z. I'm experience Can Bus issues and have some questions.
JA: What year is your 350Z?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you fixing your 350Z yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Myself with the help of others also. So far I tried using multimeter to verify correct voltage and resistance. Removed Aftermarket radio, per recommendation, as it was suggested that this could cause communication interference and now I'm checking fuses to see if have blown. I found 1 that was blown but not sure what it controls
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes, located in the battery compartment
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of. I just have a few questions and I'll probably be headed in the right direction

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, which fuse was blown?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Eng Cont
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In two places

under the hood?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Correct, Inside the Battery Compartment.

ok, standby, thanks

which fuses please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fuse 89 , top left picture. There was one other one also. I can add picture. I have a copy of the FSM.

ok

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I wrote down the fuses. I want to mention, I don't believe it relate to my Can Bus error, but I'm not sure what it powers beside 12V+ to the Data Link Connector under driver side dash.

ok

well fuse 34 in the fusible link box is the direct battery feed for the ecm

fuse 89 is you data lines, hence the can bus issue

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Gotcha, everything starting to make sense. I still need to test whether than replacing the fuses fixed the issue. I won't be able to test until this weekend. Will that be fine before I submit my rating? By the way, you really been helpful I spent the last 2-3 weeks researching this on forums and company that developed the tuning software.

you can submit the rating anytime, it wont close this out, Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks will do and report back Saturday.

thank you. ill bee here for the follow up

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hello David,Thanks again for the help. The fuse did fix one problem. But actually had an issue with the harness connector. It was damaged and need to replace some of the pins. So after that's replace I'll be good to go.

very good too hear!