Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The throttle body is new,they said need warm up but my

Customer Question
The throttle body is...

The throttle body is new,they said need warm up but my engine still cold.Im run my car on 30 mins.still the engine is cold

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

1010 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

Year 2007 Nissan sentra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

What is MINI

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just changing the throttle body.because the idle is to high

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
9/20/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

If the engine isn't warming up that means the thermostat is stuck open and needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help, thanks.

But the idle of my car is still high,I bought new throttle body

Is it setting any codes?

What code

Is the check engine light on?

Do you know what codes you are getting?

When the check engine light comes on it means vehicle detected a problem and stored a related diagnostic code which can be checked with a scan tool.

Where

Did you install the throttle body?

I did

Was it idling high before replacing?

Same also no power to run the car
The idle is going up and down before

Do you have a 2.0 or 2.5 engine?

2.0

Considering you had same problem before and after replacing throttle body it sounds like problem is unrelated to throttle body. You will need to start by having diagnostic codes checked. Your local parts store will barrow scantool for free with a deposit, let me know what code you are getting when you get a chance to check. Thanks.

Dan, Technician