Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just a clicking noise wont start, just happened today I

Just a clicking noise...

Just a clicking noise wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Just happened today I started it this morning and pressed the start button after it was running then it started

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2009 murano

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

I disconnected the battery just 1 terminal but no luck

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Are you getting a Rapid clicking?

sounds like when you have a dead battery

If you are getting a Rapid clicking, that is most likely a weak battery. Did you try to jump start the car?

no I did not

Can we try that?

The Lights Work Fine , radio Beeping noises. I tried to hook up the jumper cables lots of sparks from one of the terns I stopped

You want to connect Positive First, then Negative to the Battery

Jumping does not work

What is the vehicle doing exactly when you try to jump it?

Just still does the same clicking

Fast rapid clicking?

Under the hood

Are you sure you have a good connection at the battery?

Are you getting the Rapid clicking when you try to start the vehicle? or clicking when the vehicle is off?

Got it the battery terminal was coroded.i cleaned it then jumped it and it started. Thank you

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. That is how I get credit for my work. You can Rate me by clicking the Stars at the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician